All RedWhite’s products ship from our warehouse in Singapore. As they do need to enter your country via local Customs, you may be charged custom fees and duties based on your country’s prevailing policies. Import tax & customs duties are not refundable.
RedWhite Apparel's products are competitively priced to keep the cost of your purchase affordable in the event of being taxed.
We do recommend you to check your country’s customs policy and rates before placing an order with us.
What taxes can I expect to pay?
Based on our experience shipping parcels worldwide since 2014, here are some tax estimates for you :
- USA : You will not incur any tax for purchased goods with a value below USD $800. All our current US customers enjoy tax-free shopping from our website as long as your package is below this threshold.
- Japan : Our goods are priced below the taxable threshold. You will not incur any Japanese Import tax.
- United Kingdom : You will incur UK VAT (20%) on purchases with a value above £15. FedEx will usually send you a note about taxes if you incur them. From experience the tax will be 20% VAT + £12 FedEx handling fee which is charged for collecting and paying taxes on your behalf to UK Customs. For example, if your item is valued at £100, you'll pay an extra £32 in taxes and fees.
- Australia : Our goods are priced below the taxable threshold of AU$1000. You will not incur any Australian Import tax or GST unless your purchase exceeds this value. All our current Australian customers enjoy tax free shopping on our website as their purchases are below this threshold.
- New Zealand : Our goods are priced below the taxable threshold of NZ$225 (USD 140) and you will not incur custom duties or taxes as long as your purchase value remains below this threshold. Most of our products are priced below this value and all our current New Zealand customers currently enjoy tax free shopping from RedWhite Apparel. More information is available the New Zealand Customs Service website.
- Netherlands & Belgium : You will incur import duties and taxes amounting to roughly 40% of the value of your purchase. Taxation is unusually high in Netherlands and Belgium, so do take note of this.
- Rest of Eurozone : No Customs Duty is due for goods priced below EUR150. You may incur VAT and this rate varies by EU member country. VAT is not due when the total value of all goods in a consignment (value not inclusive of customs duties or transport costs) is less than a threshold. The threshold may vary from 10 euros to 22 euros, depending on the EU country. Please budget approximately 30% for any tax and this would be collected by FedEx or UPS upon delivery.
- Canada : You may incur Canadian GST/HST. These tax rates vary by province. On average, you can expect to pay a total of 18-25% in tax. There will be a FedEx tax brokerage fee. The total tax should be within the 18-25% of the shipment value with these fees included.
- Singapore : Our prices include Singapore Goods & Services Tax. You will not incur any additional tax.
- Indonesia : Products valued below US$3 will incur no tax. Products valued above US$3 will incur 15% Import Duty and 10% VAT.
- Malaysia : Products valued below RM 500 will incur no tax. Products valued above RM 500 will incur Sales & Services Tax (SST) of 5-10% and Import Duties of 0-25%. Typical total taxes for RedWhite products in Malaysia at value of above RM 500 is 10-15% of package value.
- Taiwan : You will incur a 10% merchandise tax and a 5% import tax. Total tax burden will be roughly 15%.
- Philippines : Orders valued under PHP 10,000 will not incur any tax. Orders valued above PHP 10,000 will incur a 12% VAT.
- Rest of World : Each country has specific import laws. You may or may not be taxed based on your country’s laws. Please check with your country's tax revenue services of with your customs agency.
What if I choose to not pay taxes levied by the courier and my government and reject my package?
You definitely can reject packages if you don't wish to pay taxes and duties. However, RedWhite Apparel will incur a shipping fee to have this package returned to our warehouse in Singapore.
Once your packages reaches the warehouse, we will refund you order after deducting this shipping fee. This fee can be high and we will only know the exact amount after your package has been returned.
Some countries require couriers to pay taxes upfront before delivering the package. In these cases, the taxes are not refundable even if the package is rejected. As such, the courier will levy the payment to RedWhite Apparel and we will charge it to you once your package returns to us. A full accounting of all fees (shipping, duties and taxes) will be given to you. Example of countries with this practice of charging taxes upfront are India and Indonesia. We believe this is an unfair practice by some tax offices, but unfortunately, we have no control over this.
Do take this into mind before choose to make a purchase from RedWhite Apparel if you live in a country with high import taxes.